- The 40 Stall Tirrell Horse Barn, turnout and pasture facilities
- Stalls are available for board to students on a space available basis
- The W.C. Skoglund indoor riding arena (160 ft x 90 ft)
- A lighted outdoor riding arena (174 ft x 78 ft)
- 3 regulation-size dressage competition arenas
- A USEA-recognized combined training competition course for beginner novice through preliminary riders
- The Lou & Lutza Smith Equine Center houses boarders and the stallion who arrives each spring for ANSC 724 and includes laboratory and artificial insemination rooms as well as classrooms, conference space and student housing.
Two equine student apartments are available. The student apartments are located at the UNH stable. The students work at the stable fairly independently while reporting the equine facility manager. The students gain a vast amount of knowledge regarding horse care and behavior. This is a unique opportunity to learn the operation of a large stable while attending UNH.
For more information, email Brenda.Hess-McAskill@unh.edu.
- On-site classrooms and conference space.
- Use of the facilities including the indoor arena and cross country course is available for a fee to community riders and organizations
- The barn is open for walk-throughs to the public from 8am to 5pm daily.
- View a MAP of the equine facilities for a self-guided tour!
- Indoor Arena Schedule
Agriculture, Nutrition and Food Systems
Thompson School of Applied Science