UNH has four main recreational properties: Kingman Farm, College Woods, East Foss and West Foss Farms. These properties are used for all types of pedestrian recreational use, including hunting (unless posted). Hunting is not allowed in College Woods, in and around the recreation area at Mendums pond (signed as “safety zone”) or in the wooded portion of the Woodman Horticulture Farm. Areas designated as Safety Zones on East and West Foss Farms are also closed to hunting as provided by NH State Law. In general, mountain biking is allowed on all approved and developed trails outside of natural areas. Motorized recreation is limited and only through explicit agreements; this is usually limited to arrangements with local snowmobiling clubs.
Dog Walkers: Durham and Madbury both have leash laws. Please follow the local ordinances when using UNH properties.
These are day use areas, please:
- Carry out what you carry in, camping and fires are not allowed.
- Stay on the trails and do not remove flagging or damage vegetation , these areas are used for research.
- Report trail problems to the Woodlands Office.
- When leaving UNH property, please respect the requests of our neighbors and obey all posted signs.
- If you are a recreational group of 10 or more please either register using a CRA form or contact us directly at the Woodlands Office.
Please note that the access to Kingman Farm off of 155 has been closed. Alternate access is found behind the Madbury Town Hall on Town Hall Road. Preferred parking is in the lot across the road from the Town Hall.