The mission of the University of New Hampshire’s College of Life Sciences and Agriculture is to serve the communities in the state of New Hampshire, the nation, and the world by:
- Fulfilling the educational needs of a diverse student population
- Equipping undergraduate and graduate students with a profession-ready globally relevant education
- Deepening and broadening our knowledge and understanding of life sciences, natural resources, agricultural, and applied technical and social sciences
- Providing a scientific framework that allows appropriate management and conservation of natural systems
- Engaging with partners and external constituents in applying the results of our efforts in real-world situations
We, the faculty, staff, and students of the College of Life Sciences and Agriculture (COLSA) will enhance our position as a premier Land and Sea Grant college with nationally and internationally recognized programs in life sciences, agriculture, natural resources, and applied technical and social sciences.
To fulfill this vision, the college will attract and retain the finest faculty, students, research, and support staff. We will nurture creativity and provide an environment that fosters rigorous scientific inquiry and actively engaged learning in an interdisciplinary environment. COLSA’s faculty will integrate experiential learning and classroom activities with research investigation within the context of a broad-based education that engages and inspires our students to be lifelong learners and contributors to society.
Through these efforts, COLSA graduates will continue to be sought for positions requiring both a fundamental understanding of science and an ability to provide practical applications of that science. Our graduates will have a life long commitment and passion for learning and be informed, active stewards of the planet.
Our college is and will be an open and accessible portal to higher education for the people of New Hampshire, the nation and the world. Our commitment is to provide knowledge and assistance that improves the quality of our lives. Our students, alumni, and external constituents will understand and believe that COLSA is their college.