Education & Research


Woodland properties are an important component in the fulfillment of the University's educational mission. Recent surveys show that College Woods and the Horticulture farm receives over 10,000 educational visits per year by UNH students. Other high use educational properties include East Foss, West Foss, Thompson and Kingman Farm.

Registration of your educational use is important to the management and conservation of our woodlands properties. 

Course, Research, or Activity (CRA) Registration


Woodland properties are widely used by researchers from within UNH as well as the larger scientific community. In 2015 there were more than 30 ongoing research projects that are supported by woodland properties.

Please fill out the Course, Research or Activity (CRA) Registration Form for research form or information may be gained by email . Return completed form  to the UNH Office of Woodlands and Natural Areas. If you need to register for multiple properties, please fill out a separate form for each individual property. 

If you are faculty, staff, student, group or organization conducting research, teaching a class, or holding an event or demonstration on any university woodland. Filling out thr CRA form will allow us to prevent any conflicts between individuals using university lands and help us to protect research or other activities from disturbance.

Course, Research or Activity (CRA) Registration Form