2021 Dean’s Awards for Distinction
Greetings College of Life Sciences and Agriculture community!
All faculty, staff and students are invited to nominate an individual or team from among COLSA's faculty and staff for the inaugural Dean’s Awards for Distinction.
Award nominations are open now through Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Recipients will be announced during the Dean's Awards and Retiree Celebration on May 13, 2021, Noon - 1 p.m.
Nominees will have made notable contributions to the college and/or the broader community that advanced the standing of COLSA’s teaching, research, and service mission. This is an intentionally broad approach, designed to be inclusive of all of the amazing activity that is conducted across the college, by so many people with varied employment status and responsibilities. Individual or team nominations are accepted. Examples of how candidates may have brought distinction include (but are not limited to):
- leading in ground-breaking research;
- innovation in teaching;
- success in technology transfer;
- leading in helping COLSA become a more inclusive, diverse, equitable, and accessible place of work and study;
- exceptional service or support to the college, university, or community;
- mentoring of graduate or undergraduate students;
- building international partnerships;
- or any other way that advances the standing of COLSA’s teaching, research, and service mission.
In addition to being recognized at the ceremony, Dean's Awards recipients will receive a (pre-tax) monetary award. All COLSA employees are eligible, and all COLSA employees and students may submit nominations. The number of recipients can vary each year.