The Thompson School veterinary technology program offers low-cost veterinary care to qualifying pet owners during the academic year. We serve residents of the Dover Housing Authority and other qualifying low-income pet owners.
The on-campus veterinary clinic is managed and operated by students under the supervision of licensed veterinary professionals. Services include:
- Wellness examinations for dogs, cats, rabbits and other small mammals
- Basic vaccinations including rabies and distemper
- Heartworm and feline leukemia/FIV testing
- Heartworm, flea, and tick medication
- Non-urgent sick animal care including digital x-ray and laboratory tests
- Basic surgery including spay and neuter of dogs, cats, and rabbits
- Dental care including cleanings and digital dental x-ray
Thank you to our generous sponsors!
Our clinic is funded by generous donations from a variety of sources. All donations go directly towards the purchase of medical supplies for clinic pets.
Thank you to our volunteers!
Our clinic relies on volunteers to assist students during each clinic. If you are a NH licensed veterinarian or a practicing veterinary technician who would like to assist, contact Program Director, Sarah Proctor at firstname.lastname@example.org.