Program Tuition & Fees*
Semester Program - Fall 2019 & Spring 2020*
There are three components to the required costs associated with the 3 month semester program:
- UNH Tuition: $7,570 (NH resident); $15,260 (out-of-state); 12,923.75 (NE Regional Student Program Students)
- UNH Mandatory Fees: $452.50 (includes Technology $102.50, Study Abroad Admin. $200, International Health/Travel Insurance $150)
- UNH-in-Italy Program Fee: $2,800 (includes housing with all utilities, field trips, excursions, program-related transportation, limited meals associated with program trips)
Note: A refundable housing damage deposit of $200 will be due with tuition. Unused housing damage deposits will be refunded after students return to the U.S.
Summer Program - Summer 2019*
There are three components to the required costs associated with the 5 week summer program:
- UNH Tuition (8 credits): $3,584 (NH resident); $3,944 (out-of-state)
- UNH Mandatory Fees: $240.25 (includes Registration $20, Technology $50.25, Study Abroad Admin. $100, International Health/Travel Insurance $70)
- UNH-in-Italy Program Fee: $2,100 (includes housing with all utilities, field trips, excursions, program-related transportation, limited meals associated with program trips)
Additional Costs (Not included in Program Tuition & Fees)
- UNH-in-Italy application fee ($40)
- Mobile phone with international calling/texting (required)
- Books and school supplies
- Most meals
- Airfare to/from Italy
- Personal travel
- Miscellaneous personal expenses
- Visa fee (only for students who choose to extend stay beyond 90 days)
A $400 non-refundable deposit is required within 2 weeks of acceptance into the program. The deposit confirms the student's participation and secures a spot in the program. The deposit will be applied toward (deducted from) the Program Fee.
*UNH reserves the right to adjust fees. Fees for AY 2019-2020 are estimated and will be posted when available and finalized by UNH Business Services.
The remaining balance will appear on your student bill in MyUNH/Webcat. Balances are due in early August for the fall semester; early December for the spring semester; and early May for the summer semester. All deposits and payments are directed to UNH. UNH Business Services has additional information on billing and payment information.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
UNH allows federal, state, and institutional aid (except work study) to transfer for all UNH-managed study abroad programs. Degree students who have filed their FAFSA for the upcoming academic year and wish to use a portion of their Stafford Loan or an Alternative Loan to pay for summer classes must complete a Summer Loan Course Form and submit it to the Financial Aid Office prior to registration. Students must be enrolled in at least 6 credits. UNH Financial Aid has more information or call 603-862-3600.
In some cases, students are able to combine the summer study abroad courses with summer or J-term courses taken other years or with extra courses taken during the academic year to reduce their on-campus obligation from eight semesters to seven, thus compensating for some or all of the program fee. UNH-in-Italy recommends students discuss these options with their academic advisor early in their academic careers.
Study Abroad Scholarships
There are numerous scholarship opportunities for study abroad. A good place to get started is here: Study Abroad Fellowships and Scholarships. Students should be aware of the following internal scholarship funds dedicated to UNH students:
- CIEGE Study Abroad Scholarships. Multiple scholarship funds which emphasize academic merit, financial need, and diversity. Deadline for summer programs in late February.
- COLSA Study Abroad Scholarship. Scholarship fund available only to COLSA students.
In addition, many national and international organizations offer scholarships. Many, including the ones listed below, require students to meet specific criteria.