Registration FAQs for Students

Welcome to a new semester with the Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Biomedical Sciences! UNH has excellent web materials explaining many of the ins-and-outs of starting the semester and properly registering for your courses. Visit for a comprehensive guide to university registration procedures. 

To further assist you, we’ve assembled a brief FAQ regarding some of the most commonly asked questions and where to find their answers.


How do I add or drop a course?

Help! I need to find my advisor. How do I do this?

I need to register for a permission-only course. What’s the procedure?

  • To register for a permission-only course, first contact the course instructor for permission. Permission will be granted at the discretion of the instructor. Second, the instructor may contact the Senior Administrative Assistant (in 106 Rudman Hall) to enter your permission in WebCat, OR they may ask you to notify Tracy yourself. Third, TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION, you must register on WebCat or using a paper form.

I’m a first-year or transfer student and want to add or drop a class online but need a RAC (Registration Access Code). How do I get my RAC?

I have questions about what courses I still need to take to complete my major. Where can I find information?

  • Degree Works is a great tool that provides all this information and more. Follow the directions at to access this information. Also, your advisor can and should be consulted on matters related to course planning and selection.

I have questions that weren’t answered by these materials? What can I do?

  • Feel free to come see the MCBS administrative staff in Rudman Hall. We’re happy to help in any way that we can!

Paul Boisselle – Rudman 102, (603) 862-4814, – Department Manager

Pam Wildes – Rudman 111, (603) 862-2250, – Department Administrative Assistant

Willie Mandeville – Rudman 111, (603) 862-4095, – Department Administrative Assistant/MLS Program Support