Facilities use request

With many users at each of our farm/field facilities, it is critical to ensure that we have knowledge of all ongoing and desired activities in order to ensure compatibility, and to coordinate resources required to provide support and facilitation as needed.  Importantly, we have responsibility for compliance with federal, state, university and local regulations, and to ensure safety for our staff, students, faculty, and visitors.

To request the use of the Kingman Research Farm facilities, please complete the Kingman Research Farm facilities use request form.

In the form, you will be asked to provide information about the proposed project well in advance, so that we can evaluate our abilities to accommodate your requested use of facilities and resources.  The completed form will be submitted to the farm manager, Evan Ford, and the NHAES director, Anton Bekkerman, for review and approval based on availability resources, potential impacts on existing and planned activities, budgetary ramifications, and related management considerations. Additional considerations will be given to potential implications on organic certification (i.e., several farm facilities, forage fields, etc.). This may require interaction with State of NH organic certification personnel. 

The NHAES Directors office will notify the requestor of a decision along with any qualifications, stipulations and/or requirements. You may be asked to visit with the Facility Manager(s) and/or the NHAES Director’s Office to clarify intended activities and requirements so that we may better serve your needs.  

Lastly, please be aware that full adherence to all relevant regulations, institutional approvals and compliance requirements (for example, http://www.unh.edu/research/compliance-safety) is the responsibility of the individual facility user.  Supporting documentation must be provided before any use is permitted.

For questions, please contact Evan Ford, 603-868-2345.