Faculty Handbook: Repeated Courses

If a student repeats a course, the former credits and grade points shall be deleted from his/her cumulative record (the letter grade shall remain) and the repeated course information shall be added. Students may not use the pass/fail option to repeat a course.

The student has to file a Repeated Course form for a change of grade in repeated courses. The form should be submitted to the Registrar before mid-term of the semester in which the student is repeating the course. Early submission of the form will enable the student to receive an accurate letter grade at the end of the semester. These forms are available on the web (http://www.unh.edu/registrar/forms/repeatedcourse.pdf)

When a student repeats a course, the grade of the repeated course will be calculated into the student's overall average regardless of the outcome of the new grade.