Moore Fields

Moore Field
Moore Fields (1998)

Introduction

The Moore Fields property is 118 acres. The southern half, which is actively cropped agricultural fields, is 76 acres. The northern portion, which is wooded, is approximately 42 acres. Its primary use is for natural resource labaratory classes. It also provides research areas for UNH soil science courses and agriculture. 

History

Originally called the Moore Lot, it was given to the University of New Hampshire by Eugene L. Moore on October 20, 1941. Agricultural activity is high on these properties; most recent timber harvests occurred in the late 60's.