The Davis-White property was bequeathed as a part of a large land gift to the University in 1939 by Frank S. Lord, a prominent resident of Carroll county. These properties were given so as to benefit the students of Carroll County and to help fulfill the University’s research and educational goals. This lot is periodically harvested as part of UNH’s sustainable timber harvesting program and a portion of all proceeds from the sale of timber goes towards scholarships for Carroll County students. Professors use these properties as outdoor classrooms and our researchers use them for study.
The Davis-White property is approximately 20 acres and is mostly flat. Forest composition offers a variety of naturally occurring species including white pine, hemlock and a variety of hardwoods. With extensive frontage on the Lovell river, this property has provided research opportunities in the past examining fish and aquatic invertebrate habitat.