The UNH Equine Program combines award-winning equestrian teams with strong academics and outstanding opportunities for hands-on learning, including on-site USEF/USEA recognized horse trials and PATH International premier operating center which give students real-world experience in the equine industry. The program includes:
- Three courses of study in the B.S. Program: Equine Industry Management, Therapeutic Riding and Equine Science.
- A.A.S. in Equine Management
- Classes in horse care, stable management, equine sports medicine, conformation & lameness, horse trials management, training, riding instruction, therapeutic riding and reproductive management.
- Riding program in dressage and eventing
- Two successful equestrian teams: the 2009 National Champion IDA Team and 2011, 2012 & 2013 Regional Champion IHSA Team.
- PATH International Premier Accredited Therapeutic Riding Program
- USEA/USEF recognized Horse Trials and USDF/USEF Recognized Dressage Shows
- 52-stall facility with indoor, outdoor and Beginner Novice through Preliminary cross-country course ON CAMPUS.
Sept. 6th Therapeutic Riding Program volunteer training
Sept. 7th IHSA Team Fall info session at 2pm in the Light Horse Classroom
Sept. 8th Equine Info Session for interested High School students
Sept. 9th IDA Team Fall info session in the bleachers in indoor arena
Sept. 14th & 15th IHSA Team try outs (must have attended info session!)
Sept. 16th IDA Team try outs (must have attended info session!)
Sept. 24th & 25th Fall Horse Trials
Sept. 29th Equine Info Session for High School students
Oct. 8th Jumper Show
Oct. 13th Equine Info Session for High School students
Oct. 27th Equine Info Session for High School students
Nov. 10th Equine Info Session for High School students
Nov. 17th Equine Info Session for High School students
Dec. 1st Equine Info Session for High School students
Dec. 3rd Jumper Show